ADDA is an association which takes pride in our profession, craft and trade. Many decades ago our leadership developed a Code of Ethics by which the association operates and to which each member, certified professional or certified school agree to abide by to carry on the traditions of our craft.
Constitution and By-Laws
ARTICLE XIII – CODE OF ETHICS
Section 1. The ADDA Code of Ethics has been adopted as the official professional guidelines of the membership, officers, board members, and other groups that associate with ADDA as professionals.
Section 2. It shall be the authority of the Board of Directors or the Board of Governors to interpret the Code of Ethics and the intent of its statements.
Section 3. The Board of Directors shall be the enforcing agent of the Code of Ethics.
Section 4. The Board of Governors shall be the appealing committee for any unresolved issues of the Code of Ethics.
The ADDA Code of Ethics.
Anyone with reason to do business, or associate with, the ADDA (i.e., members, certified professionals, chapters, councils, schools, exhibitors, and approved vendors and suppliers) shall be bound by the following ethics pledge. Violation of this pledge will be grounds for terminating all and any association with individuals and/or businesses.
I pledge to...
1. Hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public in the performance of my professional duties.
2. Perform services only in the areas of my competence.
3. Continue my professional development throughout my career and provide opportunities for the professional and ethical development of those under my supervision.
4. Act in professional matters for each employer or client as faithful agent or trustee, and avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance of conflicts of interest.
5. Aim to provide products and services that meet or exceed quality and cost requirements of employers or clients
6. Associate only with reputable persons or organizations
7. Issue public statements only in an objective and truthful manner.
8. Act in a professional manner with demeanor, appearance, and character as to uphold and enhance the honor, integrity and dignity of the design drafting & graphics profession.